Exciting opportunity for a reputable service management company. We are seeking Field Engineers to be located in the Chicagoland area where you would be working across multiple sites. MUST HAVE PREVIOUS FIELD EXPERIENCE – ALSO Comfortable with travelling to client sites.
Responsibilities (On-Call Field Engineer)
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment according to schedule and ensure effective working of mechanical building systems.
- Install switches, routers, and other network gear
- Fix broken servers (replace hard drives; replace bad sticks of RAM, etc.)
- Upgrade servercomponent firmware
- Administer all service requests and provide resolutions to achieve required goals.
- Manage all equipment work requests, either preventative or non-preventative maintenance.
- Maintain inventory for equipment, keep records of warranty for all tools and equipment.
- Manage all reoccurring problems and ensure work within timeframe and according to capacity demands.
- Assist all senior level engineers and perform troubleshoot on all customer issues
- Experience and proficiency with SANStorage & Enterprise Servers (HP, IBM, DELL, EMC, Netapp, etc.)
- Experience with assembling, deploying and troubleshooting serverhardware
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Data Center experience preferred
- Responds in a professional, polite and helpful manner when dealing with customers.
- Works with and takes direction from the Facility Manager.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes paperwork and prepares reports.
- Assists in emergencies as needed including emergency calls at non-scheduled hours.
- Returns all work areas to a clean, neat, orderly and safe condition.
- Learns, understands and complies with all Company and customer policies.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- A+, Network+, Security+, and Linux+ certifications, knowledge or experience in highly recommended
If you are not ready to submit your CV just yet and would like further information call David Blackston on + 1 212 239 7928 or email David here. If you feel this is the job for you, hit the apply button below to start the application process. Goodluck!